Our Santa Rosa facility is seeking an experienced Cellar Worker to perform cellar, barrel and tank operations to include sanitizing and clean-up of winery and bottling line equipment while following established company protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setup, operate, clean and sanitize transfer pumps and lines, Plate & Frame, Diatomaceous Earth, Cross Flow, and Membrane filters.
- Perform regular steam sanitation of bottling line filler and related equipment on start-up shift.
- Perform regular wash-down / chemical sanitation and / or chemical clean of bottling line filler and related equipment on daily shut-down shift.
- Perform routine visual inspection of stainless steel tanks, tanker trucks etc. to determine cleaning and sanitizing need.
- Ensure established safety guidelines are understood and followed.
- Transfer empty / full / pressurized wine hoses and attach with clamp fittings to tanks / pumps / transfer lines to transfer / rack wine, juice, must, water or cleaning solutions.
- Accurately measure dry and liquid additives per calculations and work order instructions for additions to wine / juice.
- Use pump and hoses to complete additions to wine / juice in tank and subsequent mixing to ensure homogenization of tank.
- Manipulate tank lids to ensure proper opening and closing of tank tops for cellar operations.
- Operate cleaning equipment and tools to clean cellar floors, walls, tank pads, outside and inside of tanks, and catwalks.
- Hand scrub (with brush) pumps / fittings / miscellaneous equipment parts as needed.
- Sweep or rake winery floors and grounds and dispose of all trash and place in the proper disposal area.
- Accurately document and follow instructions on work orders.
- Drive forklift to move/stack barrels and other materials / equipment as needed.
- Work is usually performed in a warehouse environment.
- Must be able to pass drug test.
- Must be able to lift, pull, push or carry up to 55 pounds.
- Requires frequent standing, stooping and bending.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and work at heights above 20 feet.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- General wine and/or winery experience to include production or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate in the English language, read and write, and follow instructions in English.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours.
- Forklift experience with valid California Drivers License.
- Must be able to pass a winery forklift training class.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of basic word processing and spreadsheet software.
Wine Hooligans offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Environment.
Please reply with a cover letter and resume.