Join a dynamic, high growth wine company with both nationally distributed and exclusive brand portfolios. Our experienced sales & marketing teams are looking for a heavy hitter to identify and make good on trade opportunities for both portfolios. We are a Sonoma County, California winery and this role will be based out of the headquarters in Santa Rosa.
This position will contribute to the planning and flawless execution of all brand plans with a focus on trade marketing presentations, programs and tactics to ensure our wines’ success in Off- and On-Premise accounts. At the intersection of marketing and sales, the Trade Marketing & Brand Manager will work cross-functionally with Regional & National Sales, Business Intelligence, Digital Communications and Creative partners.
- Lead, manage and collaborate on the development and execution of Trade Marketing initiatives for national and regional accounts as well as broad market independents.
- Contribute creatively to thematic brand marketing campaigns designed for retail and ensure excellent execution of such plans. Includes leading creation and management of programming calendar, and handling of all partnership tie-ins.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to create, develop, and execute each brands’ comprehensive marketing plans.
- Responsible for managing all core & exclusive brand updates and communicating the following to the sales team: product specifications, all flow POS, vintage rolls, promotion calendar, new product launches
- Develop and maintain coupon program including: program development, forecasting, budgets, redemption audits. Oversee relationship with coupon fulfillment house.
- Develop training and presentation materials for sales team.
- Manage SMS wholesaler communications tool, e.g., program activation guides and other commercial communications. Collaborate with the National Sales Manager, National Account Director & Marketing Director to ensure the content is relevant to audience.
- Work with the Marketing team on all content to ensure that the brand messaging, voice, tone, look and feel for all brands and products are consistent across all platforms.
- Identify key account opportunities, define parameters, partner with national accounts and then third-party agencies to develop and implement 3-Tier specific programmatic campaigns. Layout program recommendations and budget requirements to ensure plans are strategically sound and well-executed. Deliver post-program analytics in a timely manner.
- Ensure assets on all Trade Portals (company website, SevenFifty, Drizly, etc.) are updated and reflect current vintage, current product information, logos, images, tech sheet, bottle shots, label images, logistics and current POS as appropriate.
- Sales support: support sales and marketing team requests for materials, logos, photos, and special requests.
- Conduct on-going analysis of competition, including pricing, package, POS, consumer promotion, and tasting.
- Collaborate with sales partners and outside agencies to ensure that in-store tastings are executed consistently, successfully and within budget. Participate in planning and execution of select special consumer events, trade-focused events, and sponsorships.
We are searching for a passionate, creative, and innovative Sales & Marketing professional with 5+ years of experience across Sales, Brand and Trade Marketing and a passion for the wine industry. Ideally, you come from the wine/alc bev industry and have demonstrated trade marketing and brand management capabilities with national brands, plus a deep knowledge of retail channels.
Additional requirements include:
- Dazzling Presentation Skills: Build visually compelling and effective slides and selling materials.
- Quick Study: You’ll need to gain a strong understanding of each wine and the stories behind the wine for the most effective communication strategies.
- Accomplished project manager who can multi-task and effectively prioritize and manage a large workload.
- Excellent analytical skills to extract insights from a wide range of data to support business decisions and identify issues and opportunities.
- Ability to develop and execute large marketing programs under tight timelines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to collaborate with key functional areas.
- Passionate and effective communicator that can bring brand stories and marketing plans to life via engaging presentation skills.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel (including Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint (including design and implementation for print, phone and laptop presentation) knowledge required.
- Previous experience with IRI/Nielsen reporting and analysis a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years combined experience in Sales, Brand Marketing, and Trade Marketing.
- Willingness and ability to travel. Occasional overnight travel required.
- Reliable transportation and mobile phone required.
- Valid driver’s license; No DUI offenses.
This is a Santa Rosa, CA based role. While we are currently working hybrid remote, we anticipate this position will require 2+ days a week at the winery.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Environment.
To be considered for this position, please respond with a cover letter and resume.