In the GlassPortlandia Rosé
12 slices KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Sliced Bread
1/2 Cup Whole Milk
1/8 tsp Orange Peel
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
2 tbsp Sugar
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs thoroughly: Whisk in the whole milk and orange peel with the eggs.
- Add spice and sugar mix and whisk until evenly distributed
- Preheat grill or frying pan. Coat the grill or frying pan with some butter covering the entire surface.
- Transfer batter to a container with a flat basin. Quickly dip each bread slice in to the prepared batter; flip each slice to coat each side evenly.
- Fry each side of bread until lightly golden brown
- Remove and serve with maple or coconut syrup and powdered sugar.
- Pour a glass of Portlandia Rosé and enjoy!